You can rely on STERAC
What is it that actually makes STERAC better as a logistics service provider? What differentiates us from the competition? How do we play to our strengths particularly effectively?
A good example of our expertise in Great Britain and Ireland can be found in our logistical involvement in the construction of the Wathegar Wind Farm in the most northern region of Great Britain. The project had a total investment volume of 15 million pounds.
Through the use of our company's own GPS-monitored trailer fleet (certified according to code XL) we are largely unaffected by cargo space shortages, which is absolutely essential for the constant supply of construction sites and seamless construction site logistics, as is our daily departure frequency. Our team of native speakers remained in constant contact with the construction team on site, in order to guarantee delivery schedule compliance and planning security during the entire project phase. This meant that we were able to deliver a seamless logistics service that adhered to the highest level of quality. Similar haulage transport and projects were also completed with destinations in Wales, Scotland and even Northern Ireland / Ireland.
Another advantage for our customers was our maximum load of 29 tons instead of the otherwise standard 25 tons. This is made possible by the use of inter-modal seaport-hinterland transportation with Cuxhaven. The topic of Green Logistics warrants a mention here.
The project had to be supplied with the most varied goods and types of merchandise. Logistical challenges ranging from hazardous goods transport with paints, lacquers or batteries to large-scale and excess length transportation for sections of the tower all had to be met and overcome. Just like the short-term spikes in capacity, high-value goods also presented us with no problems at all due to our theft protection system (integrated wire netting into the trailer curtain). And even if components were sometimes forgotten, our 24-hour / 48-hour pallet service meant that we were able to organise subsequent deliveries within a very short space of time, ensuring that there was no downtime except, of course, for freak weather events. Returning the racks used for transporting the blades as a re-import was just as much a part of the challenges we faced as was our own trailer standby system, i.e. the de-coupling and subsequent transit of so-called mega trailers or 13.6m curtain-side trailers on the construction site or the loading ramps at the production sites.
Our customers found our proactive information policy to be particularly useful. Thanks to the data link created in-house and the constant online status by the web portal, our customers enjoyed full transparency with regard to the logistics flow. Even if something did not work as planned, our customers were always kept in the picture. Last but not least: given our good connections with local decision-makers we were able to contribute to ensuring that the project was completed on time and without any significant complications.
- Consignment sizes: Partial and full cargo, consolidated cargo, parcels
- Direction: import and export
- Hazardous goods transportation classes: 2,3,4,5,6,8,9
- Frequency: Several times a day
- Transit times: Express within 24 hours, 2 - 6 days depending on size, destination and urgency
- Equipment: Curtain-side trailer code XL, curtain-side trailers with side doors with sliding roof, mega trailer, box trucks, refrigerated trucks
- maximum load: up to 25,000 kg (curtain-side and curtain-side trailers with side doors), up to 23,500 kg (refrigerated and box trucks) and up to 28,999 kg in combined transport (complete STERAC fleet)
- Certifications pursuant to SQAS, ISO 9001, ISO 22000, ORGANIC certification
- 24 hour / 48 hour deliveries
- rapid EDI interface connection through own IT department
- EDI independent of customer format (through interface converter)
- Web portal
- Native speakers
- Project management for large-scale processing
- GPS monitoring
- Theft protection (STERAC vehicles equipped with anti-curtain slashing as standard)
- Notification / registration service
- 24 hour availability with emergency numbers
- a total of 7 logistics terminals in the UK and IRL
Of course we do not just offer this service for Great Britain and Ireland. Please take a look at our case studies on transportation to Italy, the Iberian Peninsula with Spain and Portugal, Greece and the Baltic states for more information.
Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic or Slovakia are also covered to the same quality requirements. We hope you enjoy browsing!
STERAC at full blast – examples
GB & Ireland
Construction site logistics
Planning security plays a decisive role for construction sites. Discover here why STERAC is a reliable partner when it comes to construction site logistics.Discover more
Hazardous goods ... transported hazard-free.
Transporting hazardous goods means taking special care. Discover more here about how STERAC operates in this sensitive area.Discover more
Urgent ship replacement parts
What does not fit, is made to fit – this could be the motto of STERAC’s logistics team for Spain. Discover here why it is worth it when it comes to urgent ship replacement parts.Discover more